ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 03-29-2011, 12:22 AM

Default Foster Dogs

Is there a link/board that shows the dogs that are still available to adopt? I keep looking at dogs I really like only to read on the 3/4th page that they've been adopted.
Unread 03-29-2011, 12:47 AM
hamish&mandy

Default Re: Foster Dogs

Are you looking at a particular sort of dog? There are about 150 dogs at Asan at the moment ready to be adopted.

Try the adoption link for dogs here

I also take pictures at Asan Shelter so please take a look through these pictures (many of the dogs are not on here yet). If you see a dog you like or love let me know and I'll try to find out some more information about them.

Here are links to my four most recent albums.
Album one
Album two
Album three
Album four

Good luck and if you have an questions please ask
Unread 03-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Wow, so many dogs.

I live in Bundang (15/20 minutes south of Seoul). What would be the best way to bring a dog back if I adopted? What have others done?
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:17 AM
hamish&mandy

Once you have a dog in mind I suggest a trip to Asan to make sure you and him/her get along. You'll need to fill out an adoption form too here. The form is a sort of screening process to make sure you are a good match and can look after him/her.

My wife and I have two dogs we got from Asan and travelled back via taxi, it was expensive but we could have done it cheaper via subway. If you put your dog in a carrier (I think you can borrow one from Asan, or buy one, you'll need one sooner or later anyway) you can get on the subway and ride it, same with buses and taxis.

This weekend we are making a trip to Seoul with our two dogs (takes about an hour and a half) and they will be traveling by taxi and subway in their carriers no problems.
Unread 03-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Formerly of Jeju.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWkorea View Post
Is there a link/board that shows the dogs that are still available to adopt? I keep looking at dogs I really like only to read on the 3/4th page that they've been adopted.
There is a board that is solely for dogs available for adoption. From the Forums page, make sure you scroll down to the Adoptable Animals section and select Dogs. If these dogs are adopted we have (hopefully) moved their threads to a new forum, called Completed Adoptions.

Often when someone uses the Search function up on the top right (say, for a specific breed of dog or just dogs in general) a whole bunch of related threads will come up, including completed adoptions, so it's best to check what forum you're in when you click on a thread.

Up top under "My Account" and "Memberlist" it says where the thread at which you are looking is located.

An example of a thread where the animal has already been adopted:
Animal Rescue Korea Forums > Adoptable Animals > Completed Adoptions Mishka the Samoyed

So just be sure you're looking in the Adoptable Animals > Dogs section and not the Completed Adoptions.
I hope that helps!

There are lots of animals all over Korea that are looking for homes, so good luck in your search and I hope you find your perfect match!