ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 11-06-2010, 02:32 PM

Default Rescued street kitten needs a home. Urgent!

This tiny kitten needs a place to crash, fast! She (?) was found shivering in the corner in my apartment's stairwell. Right now, my friend and I have been taking care of her, but we can't keep her I am allergic to cats and my friend already has two cats of her own.

She's still pretty shy around people, but we managed to bath her and she's been eating some wet food. She's really tiny (maybe 4-6 weeks?) so she should warm up to people quickly and be easy to litter-train.

She's quite shy and scared right now, but I know she'll make a great addition to someone's home. We would prefer to find her a forever home, but because of the situation, we are also looking for an urgent foster mom/dad (due to the allergies). Can you help? Here are more details:

Animal Name : Two-bit/Gom
City/Location : Jinju, Gyeongnam
Breed : Japanese bobtail mix (has a bobbed tail)
Sex : No idea
Spayed / Neutered : No
Size : Tiny
Health status/ vaccinations : Will be taking her to the vet today, I'll update with more information when we get back
Behaviour/Personality : Shy and skiddish, but eager to explore
Rescue story : Found shivering in the stairwell, can't find any sign of her mum
Adoption fee : 50,000 won
Adoption fee will be used to cover the vet cost. Any leftover will be donated to the KOPC (Korean Organization for the Protection of Cats)

We live in Jinju, Gyeongnam (south, near Busan), but are more the willing to travel with kitty or meet you somewhere.

If you are interested, please email Dana at danavdw@yahoo.com or call Kerri at 010-8003-8362. Kitty is hoping you'll act fast!! Thanks ^^
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7206.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	7230   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7208.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	7231  
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Rescued street kitten needs a home. Urgent!

I was wondering if the kitten was still available? if so, would love to adopt her. let me know and thanks for saving her!
Unread 11-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Kitten is still available! Sent you an email Julie
Unread 11-09-2010, 10:06 AM

Good news from the vet! Kitten is parasite-free and in overall good health. Vet estimated that she is around 6-8 weeks old.

Still available for fostering or adoption. Situation is somewhat urgent as the current foster mom has allergies

We live in the southern part of Korea, but we are willing to travel to any part of the country or meet you somewhere in between. Please send an email to Dana at danavdw@yahoo.com or Kerri at kerristrothard@gmail.com if you are interested.

Please help out this cutie pie!
Unread 11-13-2010, 03:00 PM

were you guys able to find a foster home for this little guy yet? How is he doing?
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:27 AM

The kitten is currently settling into her (yes she's a girl!) new home in Gumi.

She is still a little hesitant around people but is very curious! She will eat next to my boyfriend and I and comes up to us for a quick smell before running off. She is also learning how to play with toys which is great, hopefully she'll start coming out of her shell!

Unfortunately at the moment she is EXTREMELY nocturnal and will play and climb everything in sight. We are currently working on switching her biological clock, but it might take a few weeks.

At the moment this is just a foster situation. But depending on how she gets along with our other kitten anything is possible. But I can't commit to a forever home just yet. But she DOES have a safe and comfortable place to stay as long as she needs.

I'll keep everyone updated on how she is doing
Unread 11-22-2010, 07:59 AM

Hello All!
I have an update and a request for help!

Bubble (that's what we have named her) was doing great. She is a lot more comfortable around people and will eat on our laps and she is also starting to play a lot more. She is starting to tolerate petting while she is eating but she is not in love with the idea, it's a work in progress.

However, the biggest problem we're having right now is that she, out of the blue, decided that she doesn't like her litter box. Her first night with us she pooped on the bed, but I chalked it up to all the stress she had that day, so I put the poop in the litter box and since then she was using the litter box without a problem. However, in the last 2 days she has started pooping and peeing on the bed again and hasn't used her litter box. I really can't think of any thing that might have sparked the change. I topped off her litter earlier last night, is it possible to have too much litter?? And we weren't home for one night and a friend came over to feed her. Maybe it was that? We introduced her to our other kitten and that went EXTREMELY well, so I don't think it could be that, could it?

ANY help would be appreciated, we are down two comforters and have moved the mattress out of the bedroom. And this morning she peed on a pile of umbrellas right in front of me! *sigh* Please please please help!
Unread 11-29-2010, 12:14 AM

Bubbly Update!

Bubble is doing MUCH better now. We moved the litter box to a quieter area of her room and we haven't had any problems since!

She gets along very well with my other kitten (better than my kitten gets along with her!). Bubble always chirps at her when I put them together. I don't have them staying in the same room yet because I want Bubble to become more comfortable with people first. She still won't let us pick her up. But she will do ANYTHING for food While she is eating she lets me pet and touch her all over with no complaints. Today I was even able to gently nudge her around her feeding area.

She is getting more confident every day and will emerge from her safety box and play or roam around while my boyfriend or I are in the room.

Here are some picture updates. I think you can tell from the pictures that she looks less terrified than the initial pictures.

And for anyone else working with feral kittens, this 3 part youtube video was incredibly helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitteh 083.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	7604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitteh 146.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	7605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitteh 148.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	7606  
Unread 11-30-2010, 10:55 AM

Great video find! Thanks! Hope all is well with Gom.. Best of Luck!
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:28 AM

So it seems as though Bubble (formerly known as Gom) has won a place in our home.
I fell in love with her, and more importantly so did my other cat (who seems to dislike other cats and animals).

Bubble is still a very timid cat but she gets more confident all the time and we're going to continue working with her. But she has definitely found her forever home

Cheers all!