ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 11-07-2010, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Copper needs a family to love!

That is so great! I might be going to Nova Scotia in January, but I'm not sure if I would be able to take her or not because of the "cold month" restrictions Air Canada has. If anyone knows more about this let me know, and in the meantime I'll try and find out specifics myself.
Unread 11-07-2010, 11:20 PM

If you have already booked, best to check with the airline directly. Otherwise, I think it's the same rules as apply to summer - direct international flights are usually OK, but transfers are not.
Unread 11-07-2010, 11:25 PM

I haven't booked yet, since I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to go, it all depends on my job and vacation time. I'll keep the situation posted, though!
Unread 11-08-2010, 09:23 PM

Allison, thanks for the offer! I may have found somebody flying to DC the first week in December who's willing to take her. JFK or another New York City airport would be the absolute best option. Is anybody flying to NY anytime soon?

Thanks so much for everybody's help so far!
Unread 11-09-2010, 06:11 AM

Hi all,

I'm the potential new adoptive mommy/grandmother. Copper's picture and video has already been circulated to all my daughter's friends and she has let everyone know this is HER baby and she's got me all over the internet trying to find her the perfect princess doggy bed. I can assure you, once Copper gets home, she will be spoiled rotten and hopefully soon have a big area she can run and play in outside during the day when she needs to get out of the house.

We have two pups already who are playful and loving themselves, one of which is a rescue terrier. Rick rescued him when he was 3 years old and I can't tell you how happily spoiled rotten he is. Matter of fact he's at my feet in his doggy bed as I type this snoozing under his blanket. I can assure you all Copper will have just as wonderful treatment and be the "baby" of the bunch.

We cannot wait to get her here and help her adjust and give her all the love and acceptance we have. If I could we'd rescue every animal in the world :-) but Rick won't let me go over 3.

Once she gets here I promise to post pictures of her with her new family and keep you guys up to date on her status, thus why I joined the forums. As soon as I can I'll upload pictures of our current family.

Much love to you all for all the wonderful work you're doing and thank you Amanda for ALL your hard work in accommodating us picking her up at as close of an airport as possible.
Unread 11-09-2010, 07:21 AM

Thank you! It's awesome!
Unread 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Copper's no longer at the shelter! I brought her home today so that she can get used to being a little bit spoiled before she flies to her forever home in Connecticut and is REALLY spoiled! She was an absolute angel during the trip from the shelter to Seoul, loved her warm bath when she got to the apartment, and is now curled up sleeping with a blanket on top of her.

It was such a great feeling to not have to chain her up in her pen when we left the shelter today. Thank you SO much DeAnna and Brooke for saving this sweet girl from the shelter! She's one step closer to the US now.

I'll post pictures in a bit...
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Is the adoption definite enough that I can move Copper's thread to the Completed Adoptions section, or do you want me to wait until she's actually in her new home?
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:09 PM

Don't move this thread yet please!
People love this story!

Unread 11-13-2010, 08:26 PM

This brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for taking her home today. I hope some of the other Jindos get as lucky as she is. She def. deserves it after all her time in the shelter
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy95 View Post
This brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for taking her home today. I hope some of the other Jindos get as lucky as she is. She def. deserves it after all her time in the shelter
After all her time in the shelterS. Cooper came to Asan shelter from another private shelter in Daejeon city.
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:32 PM

awww bless her heart! She is going to have a fantastic Christmas this year

I can't wait to see pictures of her in her new home!
Unread 11-13-2010, 08:33 PM
National treasures need homes

AsR, thank you for helping her! I'm so happy she's finally out of there.
Unread 11-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofia View Post
Don't move this thread yet please!
People love this story!
Don't worry, the thread would still be visible in the Completed Adoptions forum. I just want to free the Adoptable section for the dogs who still need homes.

Let me know when the adoption is official and complete. Thank you!
Unread 11-13-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsR View Post
Copper's no longer at the shelter!
It was such a great feeling to not have to chain her up in her pen when we left the shelter today. Thank you SO much DeAnna and Brooke for saving this sweet girl from the shelter! She's one step closer to the US now.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping her get out of there. She is such a fantastic dog!
Unread 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM

Since we got home last night, Copper has been awake for probably a total of an hour. She must be catching up on all of those missed years of sleep when she was at the shelters

Unread 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM

awwwwwww! I am crying tears of joy for her tonight.

She looks so warm and comfy
Unread 11-16-2010, 03:53 AM

I'm keeping this open so Brooke can see the new pics of her when she gets home. She's already found the doggie bed she wants for her and is working hard on her chores to save her allowance to buy it for her. I'm so proud of the initiative she's taking. Rick's even warmed up a great deal and is looking forward to meeting her.

I wonder if the tiredness is due to the issue you emailed me about earlier A. I promise if we can get this taken care of before she gets here she still has a home, I've been tearing up a bit all morning over the thought of her having to endure those treatments. Please keep me posted on what we can do and how we can still make this possible.

Great big human hugs and love to Copper!!!
Unread 11-16-2010, 04:07 AM

oh no what's wrong with her?!?
Unread 11-16-2010, 04:13 AM

The vet found she has heartworms. I think that explains her lethargy. Poor girl, I'm waiting to hear back now on what we can do for her. I have a very rambunctious terrier here that would not be conducive for her to endure treatments quietly as necessary here so I don't know what we're going to have to do at this point.

Not losing hope, if she makes it through treatments fine she still has a home with all the love in the world.