ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM

Default I need a temporary home (1-4 months) for my two cats

Here's the story: I thought I would be staying with my current employer for another year but I recently found out they aren't going to rehire me. In early May I am going home to Canada for a little while until I am hired by a public school. If I were going home permanently I would take my cats with me but since I'll be coming back in a few months, I don't want to put them through a very long trip only to come back to Korea again.

I am looking for a responsible person to care for my two cats while I'm gone. I'm leaving in early May so I would like someone to take them in late April. The shortest amount of time I'll be gone is one month but it could be up to four months since most public schools do their hiring in August. Right now I live in Seoul (Gangdong-gu).

Name: Sweet Potato
Sex: female
Spayed: yes
Breed: shorthair
Colour: orange tabby
Behaviour: She is shy to strangers but eventually becomes affectionate and sweet. She will probably spend the first week under your bed. She likes sleeping, watching TV, and watching the antics of Henry. She is very docile and doesn't claw or bite.

Name: Henry
Sex: male
Neutered: yes
Breed: shorthair
Colour: tuxedo
Behaviour: He is playful, curious, and out-going. He likes batting around objects like toy mice, balls, pens, sunglasses, and anything else on the floor. He loves attention from people, including strangers. He's pretty much the complete opposite of Sweet Potato. He's playful but he is always careful not to use his claws when playing with a person. He also never bites or stratches.

These are, in my biased opinion, the best cats ever. I don't want to leave them but it's unreasonable to take them on a 12-hour plane ride plus multiple stopovers just to bring them back to Korea again and then back to Canada AGAIN in one year. I will pay you for food and other expenses. You can also have my cat tree, litter boxes, and other stuff. I STRONGLY prefer someone to take both cats instead of splitting them up.

Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks for reading!
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Default Re: I need a temporary home (1-4 months) for my two cats

Your kitties look absolutely adorable, what characters!

I've moved this thread into the petsitting section because "fostering" sounds like they ultimately will need to find a new home . I've also put a link on the homepage so that hopefully more people will see and come to your aid.
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Oh thanks! I didn't know there was a pet sitter forum. Thanks again.
Unread 03-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Hi! What two little adorable cats...I grew up with cats and LOVE them. I would love to help you watch your cats, but I need to check with my husband first of course, also I had a question. If I was able to babysit them how would they be with two young kids ages 4 & 6. I just want to make sure as I wouldn't want them getting scared of freaked out.
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM

Thanks for replying! Please let me know if you will be able to watch them whenever you can.

They should be fine around young kids. I know Henry would love the extra attention. Sweet Potato is shy but I don't think she will get freaked out. As long as the kids leave her alone when she is hiding then she'll be fine. Neither of the cats scratch or bite so the kids will like them too!
Unread 03-13-2010, 08:10 AM

Hello,

Let me know if you need someone to take care of your kitties. I would love to take care of them. It is way to quiet in my home.

Lori

email:llstreve@hotmail.com
phone: 010-2041-5118
Unread 03-17-2010, 11:23 PM

Thanks. I have a few people interested but I'm worried that everyone will back out at the last minute.

Remember, you can take them in late April and it could be up to four months. I'll pay you to watch them of course. If this is cool, let me know.

One of my coworkers said she will take them and this will be ideal for several reasons but coworkers say lots of things so I'm worried that suddenly she won't want them and I won't have time to find them someone!