ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 03-08-2010, 11:19 AM

Default Possible D-DAY today and this week, for these pets!

ARK Friends! D-DAY? Perhaps today and this week...

...SO, In a desperate attempt to stop possible euthanize-procedure TODAY and THIS WEEK, I have reserved a few pets, through another shelter organizer. It all took place this morning, in a haze of exhaustion!

I have now posted all the pets I have reserved, here (they are 7 in total [which include some of my older postings], and I even made a mistake with one of my requests! The 8th one... This is what happens when you don't get any night-time rest and just push right on, until all hours of the night, like an imbecile, to get pets pulled from death-row! This is all so insane... Right? Now I just pray for protection, for the one I had made a mistake with! I'm sure things will work out JUST FINE for him though - he is still young. I will post him at the bottom of this thread (he is one of my first postings). PLEASE can somebody perhaps reserve him as a foster for a while?? He is on the LAST page of the KARMA site...

Look, if you have already got your eye on any of them - and had planned to RESERVE any of these - SUPER, let's get GOING! Please give me all your details (as per the questionnaire below the last pet-posting here), and I will forward it on - we can ask either Sarah24 or Minnie for that - let me know which route you would like to follow!

I'M GOING TO KARMA TOMORROW, 2010-03-09th. Now is a good time to tell me which pet you want reserved, and email me all your details, as per the questionnaire below! GRAB A HOLD OF THIS OPPORTUNITY - IT IS GOLDEN! Any other pet you want to foster or adopt on the KARMA site, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Your telephone number is ESPECIALLY important!

Look, even if you just very TEMPORARILY take any of them in. I am going to continue to PUSH HARD for other foster homes or even adoption - to take any from your hands, whom you cannot foster for longer than a week or two. PLEASE HELP ME THESE DOGS!

My dear Friend, who helped me this morning, will let me know this afternoon, which sicknesses any of them may have, and we can take it form there. I had spoken to Minnie today, and instead of going by myself today, it was best I join her tomorrow. Now at least, I will be flanked by Minnie AND Sarah24, who I hope, I won't burden too much with all my questions! Oh dear...

Here are two of the seven. Will post the rest in about an hour.

Minnie told me last week - week ending March 12, 2010 - this one is reserved for a NEW HOME! Isn't this good?

1. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-18TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100218-011)
BREED: Poodle
WEIGHT: 2 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly, meek
HEALTH: Patella dislocation, and crippled due to it. Fracture in middle tail. Some skin trouble? Not sure! (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: FOUND: FAMILY IN FRONT OF DONGDAEMUN-GU JANGAN VIVA

He is shaven now, and I have seen (with every visit to KARMA that) he is growing sadder by the DAY. He needs a home FAST! I have reserved him too, in the hope that somebody will soon be able to give him a VERY loving home. Only a peaceful and really loving family will suffice for him... He's had enough abuse in his little life... Poor little thing... He is my special project. I will ask permission on Thursday, if I may take a new photo of him, to place here.

2. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-16th
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-022)
WEIGHT: 4.4 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly, but afraid and sad (probably from abuse)
HEALTH: A localized skin rash - nothings serious. I checked with KARMA, and his health is otherwise good. He is still young.
HISTORY: ABANDONMENT? 2-DONG, YEONGDEUNGPO

3. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-14TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-013)
BREED: Maltese
GENDER: Male (Seems to be neutered, doesn't say not - will ask.)
WEIGHT: 4.1 KG
PERSONALITY: Friendly, and indeed, sweet-looking!
HEALTH: Patella Dislocation (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: FOUND: 844 Sindang gu Namsan Tower

4. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-16TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-019)
BREED: Sitchu
WEIGHT: 9.6 KG (a bit overweight)
PERSONALITY: Friendly, meek (I LOVE THE ‘HUMAN’ LOOK IN HIS EYES!
HEALTH: Navel hernia (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.).
HISTORY: FOUND: Yeoksam Dogok Market nearby.

5. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-16th
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-020)
BREED: Yorkshire terrier
GENDER: Male (seems to be neutered, doesn't say, not. Will find out.)
PERSONALITY: Friendly (and looks SO sad...)
HEALTH: Conjunctivitis (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: LOITERING NEAR DONGDAEMUN. JUNGSEONGHWASUSULDOEM

6. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-17TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100217-003)
WEIGHT: 2.5 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly, likable, very cute!
HEALTH: Left ear has a little tear, no teeth on lower jaw. (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: 3 Holiday apartments Dobong Charges.

7. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-15TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-006)
WEIGHT: 1.5 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly, likable
HEALTH: (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: Only one Nokyangdong Humansia Uijeongbu (This is a direct translation! Yet, it gives some idea of where he was found, though!:-)

HERE IS THE 'UN-RESERVED' YORKIE:

DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-13TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-002)
WEIGHT: 2.4 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly
HEALTH: Patella dislocation (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
VACCINATIONS: Once, at entry at KARMA
HISTORY: Routledge Middle East neighborhood Doksan 3

QUESTIONNAIRE:

Physical address:
Full name:
How long have you been in Korea?:
Telephone numbers where to get hold of you for an interview:
Why do you want this pet?:
How will you take care of this pet - by fostering or adopting or to foster with perhaps adoption later?:
Have you adopted or fostered a pet before?:
Do you currently have any pets?:
If so, what kind of pets are they?:
If you go abroad, do you plan to re-home pet or to adopt your pet?:

PS. You can send your personal information to my Private Messages on ARK, or email me direct at: ingridandglenn@hotmail.com.

Last edited by Ingrid64; 03-15-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Adjustments to info, additions
Unread 03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Oh!! These precious KARMA dogs are losing time!!

Hi Ingrid,

I've merged your two new threads into this one again. Can you keep all the Karama dogs in one thread from now? Once they are pulled from the shelter and are in foster care then by all means make individual adoption ads, but until then it's better to keep them all together. Thank you!
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Puttz, I know what you are saying! This is one situation that can be hard to pin-point; to find out what happened to 'disappeared' pet-postings (pets, themselves, that is). I am currently also not sure about this... Need to find out more!

Thanks for sharing about the costs to ship dogs to the USA!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:20 PM

Karen, I wondered why I could not find the posting! LOL! So, I had re-posted it again! I will go take it off (the duplicate!). If I open a new postings from KARMA, would you please merge them with this posting also? I am still at a bit of a loss with proper navigating and applications... Thanks SO much for your help! :-)

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:21 PM

I quote you first, Puttz: 'Sorry. Falyn's last name is Jarvis not Davis. Sorry for the mixup.'

No problem! :-)
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Karen, I quote you: 'Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I merged two of the threads about Karama rescue to keep all the Karama discussions together. Thanks!'

Thanks for streamlining things, Karen! I should have checked in my Thread this morning (before re-posting) - now I know to look here first!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid

Last edited by Ingrid64; 03-20-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 01:47 PM

I quote you first: ‘Hi!

I am interested, so if you can let me know his health conditions.

Luvadog - if you know the expenses of shipping to the states, it would be great help! thank u!’

Dear Koala, Okay. So if the dog is in good health [(I.D. No.(100223-001)], shall I do the reservation? In the meantime, please provide me your personal info, as per the attached questionnaire (so that it is ready to process, if the pet is healthy). Did you see the air flight costs Puttz quoted on this page? This looks very helpful.

Minnie needs this (the questionnare) to do a full reservation for you, and then you will need to do an interview with her. You should email her immediately, so that you can set a date for a telephone interview (quoting the pet's I.D. number). Her email is: hello-earth@hanmail.net and her telephone number is 010-9122-7221.

I will find out the precise health condition of the Yorkie you are inquiring about, tomorrow.

Looking forward to a happy ending for the Yorkie and you!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid

PS. You can send your personal information to my Private Messages on ARK, or email me direct at: ingridandglenn@hotmail.com.

Physical address:
Full name:
How long have you been in Korea?: (Not applicable in your case)
How will you take care of this pet - by fostering or adopting or to foster with perhaps adoption later?:
If you go abroad, do you plan to re-home pet or to adopt your pet?: (Not applicable in your case)

Last edited by Ingrid64; 03-15-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added dog I.D. Number
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koala View Post
Hi!

Luvadog - if you know the expenses of shipping to the states, it would be great help! thank u!
hi, if you are in the US it will cost about 600,000 won to 800,000 won
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttz View Post
I hope the maltese is in a foster home and not dead. Is there a certain organization that is looking after her? Are they honest at the shelter about what really happens to the animals when you ask why they aren't there? I know at our local pound they lie and say the animal was adopted. Please let me know if she is with an organization.
Sarah might know of Falyn Davis. It might be worth looking into. I know that the cost of adopting a dog through her is between $200 and $500 canadian dollars depending on the size of the dog. That includes everything including shipping and the kennel. Maybe she can send a dog to the states too.
I have to be honest, at first I was extremely suspicious too.. but they actually seem to be raelly honest! (: The shelter works with special private organizations to help out the more adoptble dogs from beingh euthanized. The adoptable/ones that need seriuos medical care go into these organizations to get adopted and taken care of.

about falyn, it costs about 600,000 won to 800,000 won to ship a dog depending on weight/size. falyn uses alot of donations to pay for these dogs to be shiped and has the adopter pay only 1/2 or 1/3 of the shipping fee.
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Possible D-DAY today and this week, for these pets!

ARK Friends, just quoting myself again: If you have already got your eye on any of these pets I have just posted again (some of whom are re-postings) - and had planned to RESERVE any of these - SUPER, let's get GOING! Please give me all your details (as per the questionnaire herewith), and I will forward it on - we can ask either Sarah24 or Minnie for that - let me know which route you would like to follow!

I'M GOING TO KARMA TOMORROW, 2010-03-09th (and both Minnie and Sarah24, will be there). Now is a good time to tell me which pet you want reserved, and email me all your details, as per the questionnaire below! GRAB A HOLD OF THIS OPPORTUNITY - IT IS GOLDEN! Any other pet you want to foster or adopt on the KARMA site (or if it is just a health check that you need), NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Your telephone number is ESPECIALLY important!

Look, even if you just very TEMPORARILY take any of them in. I am going to continue to PUSH HARD for other foster homes or even adoption - to take any from your hands, whom you cannot foster for longer than a week or two. LET'S PLEASE HELP THESE DOGGIES!

QUESTIONNAIRE:

Physical address:
Full name:

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid

P.S. However! About my KARMA visit, and helping to reserve your pet - if it is too short notice to choose a foster- or an adoption pet, I will go again sometime this week; perhaps on Thursday. Keep the HOPE! :-)

Last edited by Ingrid64; 03-08-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally Posted by Puttz:
'I hope the maltese is in a foster home and not dead. Is there a certain organization that is looking after her? Are they honest at the shelter about what really happens to the animals when you ask why they aren't there? I know at our local pound they lie and say the animal was adopted. Please let me know if she is with an organization.
Sarah might know of Falyn Davis. It might be worth looking into. I know that the cost of adopting a dog through her is between $200 and $500 canadian dollars depending on the size of the dog. That includes everything including shipping and the kennel. Maybe she can send a dog to the states too.'

Quoting Sarah: 'I have to be honest, at first I was extremely suspicious too.. but they actually seem to be raelly honest! (: The shelter works with special private organizations to help out the more adoptble dogs from beingh euthanized. The adoptable/ones that need seriuos medical care go into these organizations to get adopted and taken care of.

about falyn, it costs about 600,000 won to 800,000 won to ship a dog depending on weight/size. falyn uses alot of donations to pay for these dogs to be shiped and has the adopter pay only 1/2 or 1/3 of the shipping fee.'

Nice to hear about all that your shared here, Sarah24! Thank you for that! :-)
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid64 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Puttz:
'I hope the maltese is in a foster home and not dead. Is there a certain organization that is looking after her? Are they honest at the shelter about what really happens to the animals when you ask why they aren't there? I know at our local pound they lie and say the animal was adopted. Please let me know if she is with an organization.
Sarah might know of Falyn Davis. It might be worth looking into. I know that the cost of adopting a dog through her is between $200 and $500 canadian dollars depending on the size of the dog. That includes everything including shipping and the kennel. Maybe she can send a dog to the states too.'

Quoting Sarah: 'I have to be honest, at first I was extremely suspicious too.. but they actually seem to be raelly honest! (: The shelter works with special private organizations to help out the more adoptble dogs from beingh euthanized. The adoptable/ones that need seriuos medical care go into these organizations to get adopted and taken care of.

about falyn, it costs about 600,000 won to 800,000 won to ship a dog depending on weight/size. falyn uses alot of donations to pay for these dogs to be shiped and has the adopter pay only 1/2 or 1/3 of the shipping fee.'

Nice to hear about all that your shared here, Sarah24! Thank you for that! :-)
I actually went across some of the dogs that have been taken out in 'bulk' on a blog. I saw a dog and thought it looked so familiar, I went back to Karama's webpage to take a look at it wat the same dog! I was really happy to see it..

Btw, my phone number is 010-9219-3693. I will meet you tmrw at 11:00 at the platform near your station. (:
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:39 PM

Quoting Sarah24: 'the maltese has actually gone into a foster home. (:

Dr.Pet has actally been struck with parvo, for the next 5 months we can't have any dogs up there... and we've been thinking about it... and we think for every 500,000 won we can rescue a dog from karama. this can help a healthy dog. (:'

Sarah24, This is good news (I think I may have said so already? But, no harm in saying it again, is it? :-)).

I spoke to Dr Choi (Dr. Pet) just now, and he said that his PARVO situation is nearly under control there. He can start to help pets from sometime next week, perhaps. Unless it is a general (let's-rather-be-careful) rule of KARMA (and other shelters), to wait a while in these instances? I know there IS cause for concern, since this is a very serious infection, with lethal results.

Thanks for keeping us posted about situations such as these, it is important.

Looking forward to meeting your tomorrow!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid
Unread 03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Amber loves Bayley & Sunny

ingrid- i know this is off subject- but if you want to quote a post just click on the little button at the bottom of the post that says quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Quoting Sarah24: 'the maltese has actually gone into a foster home. (:

Dr.Pet has actally been struck with parvo, for the next 5 months we can't have any dogs up there... and we've been thinking about it... and we think for every 500,000 won we can rescue a dog from karama. this can help a healthy dog. (:'

Sarah24, This is good news (I think I may have said so already? But, no harm in saying it again, is it? :-)).

I spoke to Dr Choi (Dr. Pet) just now, and he said that his PARVO situation is nearly under control there. He can start to help pets from sometime next week, perhaps. Unless it is a general (let's-rather-be-careful) rule of KARMA (and other shelters), to wait a while in these instances? I know there IS cause for concern, since this is a very serious infection, with lethal results.

Thanks for keeping us posted about situations such as these, it is important.

Looking forward to meeting your tomorrow!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid
i know parvo has been taken care of but the disease itself actually lingers for about 6 months. i would hate to see a dog go through the pain again... ):
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:27 PM

Default KARMA: DOGS WHO ARE READY FOR RE-HOMING!

SPECIAL SECTION AT KARMA: DOGS WHO ARE READY FOR RE-HOMING!

A Little history: Last Thursday, 2010-02-25th, was my first trip to KARMA. This is where I was introduced to a small group of ‘truly-ready-to-be-re-homed’ dogs (not that the others on the KARMA list, isn’t – it’s just that these particular dogs, who at first remained behind, had been spared, due to a number of reasons – such as because they were still young and healthy [having a sprightly little character, I’m sure helped some of them!]. Most of them are well-adjusted by now, because they’ve had sufficient time to ‘recover’ from their original trauma of abandonment; some shyness present, could mean they are still recovering – but this is ‘mend-able’!).

All these dogs were totally adoptable, and lovely. Set aside the two shy ones, the rest of them showed their happy hearts, and were lively, darling and SO gentle! I loved them all! The two who were so shy (one is adopted now), really reminded me of children, when strangers comes to visit! Some kids simply jump on the visitors’ laps, wants to show off, and talk, and others just kind of hide away, and look on in silence – that is sweetness in itself, too! :-)).

Anyhow, I entered the room to do a photo shoot of all seven dogs. They were so happy to see my friend and I, and just kept running around, and when I hunched, they jumped against me – toooo cute! Well, since the photo shoot took place, like I said, two of them had become reserved to be re-homed, a Pomeranian (boy), and the shy Sitchu (not sure of gender). Lucky for them! The Pommy was SUCH little talker, and I really wanted to take him right home with me!

As I say, tomorrow I am going to KARMA, so, if you want to foster or adopt any of these, let me know which one you are interested in! They’re all cute!

I am not aware of any log-numbers for them, so while I don’t know how this works (and will ask Minnie about that tomorrow), I have just logged them with their photo numbers. This way, it will avoid a ‘mistaken identity’ (I usually double-check myself senseless, because I suffer from severe sleep deprivation right now!). We can’t afford to make mistakes with dog I.D. numbers in this business, so, I painstakingly, double check dogs with their photo’s, etc. (I made a mistake during the early hours of this morning, and NEVER again can that happen!).

Anyway, here are the other 5. They are all healthy, spunky and ready-to-go! (Almost sounds like food! Well, food for THE HEART!)

DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: Have been there a few months, in special single room for young and healthy pets.
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (Picture No 0730)
WEIGHT: 4.3 KG
PERSONALITY: Extremely friendly, very happy, very vibrant, smiling, gentle dog!
HEALTH: Good.
VACCINATIONS: Basic; when they came in.
HISTORY: Unknown

DOG I.D. NUMBER: (Picture No 0753)
BREED: Mix
WEIGHT: 3.5 kg
PERSONALITY: Very happy dog, so-ready-to-please composure; and gentle!

DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: Have been there a few months, in special single room for young and healthy pets.
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (Picture No 0758)
WEIGHT: 3 kg
PERSONALITY: Lively and very friendly dog, totally tunes into a person (as you can see); pleasing and gentle nature!

DOG I.D. NUMBER: (Picture No 0830)
PERSONALITY: Lively, very friendly dog, very smart and totally lovable!

DOG I.D. NUMBER: (Picture No 0834) - She is the one on the left; the other is of course a Sitchu, who is already adopted.
PERSONALITY: Very shy, feels afraid (I guess at strangers), but does not bark, or bite. She is so quiet and sweet, and just needs somebody to give her the confidence, that all will be just fine!

Last edited by Ingrid64; 03-08-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Oh my goodness # 0753 is so adorable! She has the happiest little face!
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah24 View Post
Hi!

I won't be able to make it Monday but I will for Tuesday, I would love to give you a call right now but actually have a pretty bad cold and it may be hard for you to understand me.. ha. I live near Yongsan station and will be able to meet you at Seokgye station. It will take me about 30 mins to get here to there and actually takes me a 2 hr to trip to even get to Karama from where I live rather than your 1 1/2 hr trip so I am estimating a 30 min travel from here to your house.. what time are you planning on going?
Quote:
Hi Sarah24,

Sorry about your cold..., it's a bummer! In the meantime, try to take good care of yourself. Drink plenty of water, and take hot and cold showers, 3X - starting with very warm and cool, then hotter and colder, and hottest and coldest, for last. Don't take hot and cold showers on a full stomach (your stomach is using a lot of energy in the first leg of digesting, and this water therapy is too much of a disturbance on this process). The last time you do a hot and cold water therapy, is before dinner, and not late at night, or just before you go to bed.

Okay! KARMA. What about meeting at 11:00am, on the Line 1 platform? Let me know if this is okay with you? Anybody else who is able to come, please join us! Juli, I know that you also want to head out that way sometime? However, let me know when you can join us, if not on Tuesday? I will find out about the grooming aspect (such a what you asked about), tomorrow, also. This is SUCH an important part of this process, and will ensure that more doggies will be able to find homes. Anybody else who will be coming from another part of Korea, if you can just get to Uijongbu station (and get a transfer to Yang-ju, which is only three stops later), or better yet, take a line that goes all the way to Yang-ju. You get off there, cross the road, and take bus 25 to your destination (as per directions in my email, just a little bit up from this one).

Looking forward to meeting you!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl25 View Post
This is all wonderful!! Just shows a couple of people can make a massive difference! I feel pretty hopeless in the UK but have good PC skills and can help with funds! Still also thinking about getting a little sausage over here to be spoiled with my clan!

Have some contacts in the US too for fostering etc if we can get more out and over there!
Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me so quick. My heart breaks for all these poor animals. If it costs alot to sponsor that little maltese would I be able to donate some money with the hopes that you might be able to get other donations for her? Also I noticed someone in the states is inquiring about the cost of sending a dog there.Would it be easier and maybe cheaper to go through Falyn Davis at Korean Animal Rescue Regina? It's just a thought. Take care.
Quote:
hi!
i was wondering about the health condition on the 100223-001 yorkie. and how much estimated for shipping to the states?
Quote:
I hope the maltese is in a foster home and not dead. Is there a certain organization that is looking after her? Are they honest at the shelter about what really happens to the animals when you ask why they aren't there? I know at our local pound they lie and say the animal was adopted. Please let me know if she is with an organization.
Sarah might know of Falyn Davis. It might be worth looking into. I know that the cost of adopting a dog through her is between $200 and $500 canadian dollars depending on the size of the dog. That includes everything including shipping and the kennel. Maybe she can send a dog to the states too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Hi Ingrid,

I've merged your two new threads into this one again. Can you keep all the Karama dogs in one thread from now? Once they are pulled from the shelter and are in foster care then by all means make individual adoption ads, but until then it's better to keep them all together. Thank you!
Quote:
Sorry. Falyn's last name is Jarvis not Davis. Sorry for the mixup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I merged two of the threads about Karama rescue to keep all the Karama discussions together. Thanks!
Quote:
Hi!

Luvadog - if you know the expenses of shipping to the states, it would be great help! thank u!
Quote:
ARK Friends! D-DAY? Perhaps today and this week...

...SO, In a desperate attempt to stop possible euthanize-procedure TODAY and THIS WEEK, I have reserved a few pets, through another shelter organizer. It all took place this morning, in a haze of exhaustion!

I have now posted all the pets I have reserved, here (they are 7 in total [which include some of my older postings], and I even made a mistake with one of my requests! The 8th one... This is what happens when you don't get any night-time rest and just push right on, until all hours of the night, like an imbecile, to get pets pulled from death-row! This is all so insane... Right? Now I just pray for protection, for the one I had made a mistake with! I'm sure things will work out JUST FINE for him though - he is still young. I will post him at the bottom of this thread (he is one of my first postings). PLEASE can somebody perhaps reserve him as a foster for a while?? He is on the LAST page of the KARMA site...

Look, if you have already got your eye on any of them - and had planned to RESERVE any of these - SUPER, let's get GOING! Please give me all your details (as per the questionnaire below the last pet-posting here), and I will forward it on - we can ask either Sarah24 or Minnie for that - let me know which route you would like to follow!

I'M GOING TO KARMA TOMORROW, 2010-03-09th. Now is a good time to tell me which pet you want reserved, and email me all your details, as per the questionnaire below! GRAB A HOLD OF THIS OPPORTUNITY - IT IS GOLDEN! Any other pet you want to foster or adopt on the KARMA site, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Your telephone number is ESPECIALLY important!

Look, even if you just very TEMPORARILY take any of them in. I am going to continue to PUSH HARD for other foster homes or even adoption - to take any from your hands, whom you cannot foster for longer than a week or two. PLEASE HELP ME THESE DOGS!

My dear Friend, who helped me this morning, will let me know this afternoon, which sicknesses any of them may have, and we can take it form there. I had spoken to Minnie today, and instead of going by myself today, it was best I join her tomorrow. Now at least, I will be flanked by Minnie AND Sarah24, who I hope, I won't burden too much with all my questions! Oh dear...

Here are two of the seven. Will post the rest in about an hour.

1. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-18TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100218-011)
PERSONALITY: Friendly, meek
HEALTH: Patella dislocation, and crippled due to it. Fracture in middle tail. Some skin trouble? Not sure! (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: FOUND: FAMILY IN FRONT OF DONGDAEMUN-GU JANGAN VIVA

2. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-16th
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-022)
WEIGHT: 4.4 kg
HEALTH: Some skin issue? (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: ABANDONMENT? 2-DONG, YEONGDEUNGPO

3. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-14TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-013)
GENDER: Male (Seems to be neutered, doesn't say not - will ask.)
WEIGHT: 4.1 KG
PERSONALITY: Friendly, and indeed, sweet-looking!
HEALTH: Patella Dislocation (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: FOUND: 844 Sindang gu Namsan Tower

4. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-16TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-019)
WEIGHT: 9.6 KG (a bit overweight)
PERSONALITY: Friendly, meek (I LOVE THE ‘HUMAN’ LOOK IN HIS EYES!
HEALTH: Navel hernia (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.).
HISTORY: FOUND: Yeoksam Dogok Market nearby.

5. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-16th
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-020)
GENDER: Male (seems to be neutered, doesn't say, not. Will find out.)
PERSONALITY: Friendly (and looks SO sad...)
HEALTH: Conjunctivitis (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: LOITERING NEAR DONGDAEMUN. JUNGSEONGHWASUSULDOEM

6. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-17TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100217-003)
WEIGHT: 2.5 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly, likable, very cute!
HEALTH: Left ear has a little tear, no teeth on lower jaw. (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: 3 Holiday apartments Dobong Charges.

7. DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-15TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-006)
WEIGHT: 1.5 kg
PERSONALITY: Friendly, likable
HEALTH: (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
HISTORY: Only one Nokyangdong Humansia Uijeongbu (This is a direct translation! Yet, it gives some idea of where he was found, though!:-)

HERE IS THE 'UN-RESERVED' YORKIE:

DATE LOGGED AT SHELTER: 2010-02-13TH
DOG I.D. NUMBER: (100216-002)
WEIGHT: 2.4 kg
HEALTH: Patella dislocation (I will ask about the full health history, tomorrow, 2010-03-09th.)
VACCINATIONS: Once, at entry at KARMA
HISTORY: Routledge Middle East neighborhood Doksan 3

QUESTIONNAIRE:

Physical address:
Full name:

Quote:
I have to be honest, at first I was extremely suspicious too.. but they actually seem to be raelly honest! (: The shelter works with special private organizations to help out the more adoptble dogs from beingh euthanized. The adoptable/ones that need seriuos medical care go into these organizations to get adopted and taken care of.

about falyn, it costs about 600,000 won to 800,000 won to ship a dog depending on weight/size. falyn uses alot of donations to pay for these dogs to be shiped and has the adopter pay only 1/2 or 1/3 of the shipping fee.
Quote:
hi, if you are in the US it will cost about 600,000 won to 800,000 won
Quote:
the maltese has actually gone into a foster home. (:

Dr.Pet has actally been struck with parvo, for the next 5 months we can't have any dogs up there... and we've been thinking about it... and we think for every 500,000 won we can rescue a dog from karama. this can help a healthy dog. (:
Quote:
ARK Friends, just quoting myself again: If you have already got your eye on any of these pets I have just posted again (some of whom are re-postings) - and had planned to RESERVE any of these - SUPER, let's get GOING! Please give me all your details (as per the questionnaire herewith), and I will forward it on - we can ask either Sarah24 or Minnie for that - let me know which route you would like to follow!

I'M GOING TO KARMA TOMORROW, 2010-03-09th (and both Minnie and Sarah24, will be there). Now is a good time to tell me which pet you want reserved, and email me all your details, as per the questionnaire below! GRAB A HOLD OF THIS OPPORTUNITY - IT IS GOLDEN! Any other pet you want to foster or adopt on the KARMA site (or if it is just a health check that you need), NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! Your telephone number is ESPECIALLY important!

Look, even if you just very TEMPORARILY take any of them in. I am going to continue to PUSH HARD for other foster homes or even adoption - to take any from your hands, whom you cannot foster for longer than a week or two. LET'S PLEASE HELP THESE DOGGIES!

QUESTIONNAIRE:

Physical address:
Full name:

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid

P.S. However! About my KARMA visit, and helping to reserve your pet - if it is too short notice to choose a foster- or an adoption pet, I will go again sometime this week; perhaps on Thursday. Keep the HOPE! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropkickgirl33 View Post
ingrid- i know this is off subject- but if you want to quote a post just click on the little button at the bottom of the post that says quote
Yes! Of course you can see that I am STILL a bit lost with all this - thanks for the tip, Karen is guiding met too - I need all the help I can get; I'm still learning how to navigate ARK's site.

Thanks for all your help!

Kind greetings,

Ingrid
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I actually went across some of the dogs that have been taken out in 'bulk' on a blog. I saw a dog and thought it looked so familiar, I went back to Karama's webpage to take a look at it wat the same dog! I was really happy to see it..

Btw, my phone number is 010-9219-3693. I will meet you tmrw at 11:00 at the platform near your station. (:
That makes one's heart SO happy! Let's make the success stories even MORE!

Okay - it's set then, 11:00am at Seokye station, on the platform. See you tomorrow! Take a snack - but, I think you know the routine! Far from shops!

Kind Greetings,

Ingrid
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:56 PM

Hello! Im very interested in the Male Poodle 100220002 . I would love to have him in my home and hoping he is still avaliable.