ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 01-04-2010, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Trial Adoptions (discussion moved from other thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibuch View Post
Having 11 dogs in an officetel I'm sure they had plenty of reason for keeping that amount of your deposit...
They never knew I had more than 2. And if they did, just having a dog is not justification for keeping your deposit. The place was spotless when I left...except for what I said.
Unread 01-04-2010, 09:07 AM

I'm not even going to say anything else.... it's opening another can of worms.
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:18 PM
National treasures need homes

For some reason I thought the length of time was significant ... I've been in my current place for two years and don't know when/if we'll move, but the kitties have definitely scratched some of the wallpaper and the plastic/fake wood covering the bathroom door. It's not a big concern right now, but I was wondering what experiences other people had had.
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:25 PM

I lived in a little officetel for about 2 years and I had 2 dogs when I left. The landlord didn't know (he lived in the same building, go figure). My one didn't chew at all and the other mini daschund, actually chewed off the entire front bottom part of the bathroom threshold. I know it was sneaky and not the smartest but I had my boyfriend at the time get hole filler (what you use to fix holes in sheetrock) and filled the whole thing back in and created a "new" threshold. Then spraypainted it white. Couldn't tell at all. And for the wallpaper they chewed off I was able to actually glue it back on with the exception of a very small piece. As you know, things in Korea usually aren't contructed per se extremely well so usually a bit of creativity can get it taken care of.
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM

I asked the real estate agent if it was ok to have dogs with an "s" and she said yes. I fostered several at different times besides my own that I was acquiring that year, and they were in and out, sometimes in the doggie stroller. Unless someone wanted to see them because they liked dogs, no one ever said anything.

It was my own deposit and if the situation presented itself again and I knew upfront I'd lose the 800,000 won, I would still have the dogs.