ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 12-27-2009, 02:14 PM

Default Two maltese needing foster home

Hi,
I would like to introduce my family's two maltese dogs who need a home(s).
They had to leave my mom's home after living there for over 6 years because my mom got a leukemia and on the process of recovery at the moment. She is not allowed to be near animals according to the doctor until she competely gets normal and back to her health, which mean at least 2 years.

I wish I could take them but I myself have 4 cats plus 3 more foster cats at my place, and they are all full grownup cats.

I am not confident either that I can find a permanent home for them as they are already 6 and 8 plus they are not great dogs...

So hopefully and generously if there is any of you who can responsibly take care of them or either of them, I would really appreciate it.
It would be good if you have experience with dogs.

I can help with food and stuff needed for the dogs.
They are currently staying at the pet shop in Samgakji station(Yongsan, Seoul). They are no more welcomed there anymore.
If you are interested in fostering them or either of them, please contact me.
You can come by the pet shop and meet them first.

Here are some information and pics of them.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=acca72e6c0

Thank you so much and happy holidays to you all!

Allie(Sungmi Hong)
cell. 010 2228 1008
allie.cat.shelter@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P090812002.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	4211  

Last edited by allie@itaewonshelter; 12-28-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Two maltese needing foster home

Allie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's illness. I hope she is doing well and recovers quickly. My thoughts are with you both.

Fingers crossed that you will find an understanding foster home soon.
Unread 12-28-2009, 01:46 AM

Thank you Annie.
She got a donor, who is one of her sisters, on the process of recovery but she has to be very careful as her immune system is very weak and the illness can come back anytime. That's why the dogs had to go...
I wish I had no cats involved with me...I already have too many cats for myself and my space is a studio, so it's challenging to keep them both.
I might try to find a way to keep one of them, but not both will be possible.
Anyone who can do just a little better than I can do for them, I would love to find that person and send at least either of them to him or her.
They are already unwelcomed and overwelcomed at the pet shop and becoming troublesome.. it's really sad to see my family dogs end up being like that...
Unread 12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
National treasures need homes

In what way are they troublesome? Are they aggressive to humans or other animals?

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's condition too.
Unread 12-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Can you tell us a little bit more about the dogs' personalities? What behavioral problems do they have? Are they aggressive toward humans or other dogs? Are they pee-pad trained? (I saw a pad in the photo you posted.)

Thanks, and my best wishes go out to your mother as she recovers.
Unread 12-28-2009, 03:49 PM

The Son, JG , a little smaller than his mom Romie, 6 years old is a smart dog.
He wants attention, but at the pet shop, it's not really possible. He barks at the strangers...meaning customers. He would not bark if he meets a person more than one time and he distinguish animal lovers somehow. Barking at strangers is an issue at the shop.
Romie is a happy barker just to greet and she loves attention and she is very energetic although she is 8 years old.
Somehow, their barking has got more serious after they were put in the pet shop..I'm working on walking them regularly and sharing some quality time with them outdoor(leashed) at the moment. Hopefully it will help to give them some satisfaction and stress release.

JG needs some time but not too long to get used to new dogs or cats, but Romie like new friends.
At the pet shop, Romie loved following around cats while the cats hated.
She was interested in them.
JG, once he gets used to a new friend, he is not bothered too much. He just wants humanly love.

They are not pee-pad trained, yet they go potty on the veranda floor or bathroom floor. If you leave near, I can help walking them as that way they won't go potty inside the house much.

JG is neutered but Romie is not spayed yet.

Thank you so much for your cheer on my mom. She went back to the hospital and has to stay in for 10 days. She's got a strong will to live, so I'm sure she will get better soon. Thank you again!

Last edited by allie@itaewonshelter; 12-28-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 01-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Allie, I'm sure there is a great forever home for these two. Maybe you should post them up for adoption on this website. Age shouldnt matter for a dog I adopted a dog that was estimated to be 7-9 years old. I love her no matter what her age is.

Were they the two dogs at the pet store when I went to pick up Viv and Louie? I dont remember hearing those dogs bark. If those were the dogs they are super cute! I would foster them if I could but financially right now I am screwed

Hope your mom is doing well.
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:21 PM

Hi, are you still looking for a foster?
I think I would be able to foster one of the dogs. I guess the smaller one, JG. Do you mind splitting them up, or do you need them to go together?
I rescued a maltese a few months ago and now he lives in the USA... so I'm missing my maltese
I just got another puppy from Dr Pet so I wouldn't mind fostering your maltese and having a friend for my puppy if you need help.
I'm so sorry to hear about your families situation. I hope everything works out

Sincerely,
Emily
Unread 01-27-2010, 08:00 PM

Hi Emily.

That is great that you can foster JG.
They lived together since JG was born but interestingly, JG behaves better and he does not seem to miss his mom?? which is fortunate in a way.
They are now already split and JG is staying at the pet shop still.
He is wearing a spray collar for anti-barking because he tends to bark at a stranger, but the collar works like a charm on him and it's a safe training gadget and he doesn't bark just by wearing it.
When do you think you can come visit the pet shop to see him?
Please let me know by phone and if I don't answer the phone, please leave me a text so that I can get back to you asap.
Thank you so much. By the way, where are you located?

Allie
cell # 010 2228 1008
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Hi, I tried to call from my computer but there was no answer. Unfortunately since I'm calling from SKYPE I can't leave a message.
I am still interested in fostering one of them. I will be here until July 25th so I can foster until then.
I live in Cheolsan which is on line 7. Yongsan is not too too far away. If I got directions maybe I could go to the pet shop this weekend?
Thanks
Emily
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Can I get your email address?
Mine is allie.cat.shelter@gmail.com
I will send you a direction map then. This weekend sounds good
You don't have a cell phone or a landline phone?
Thank you!

Allie
Unread 01-27-2010, 10:14 PM

hi
mine is emp42@cornell.edu
my cell is 010-3369-1444 but it wont let me text so I have to bring it back to the store
anyways, look forward to hearing from you