ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 11-23-2009, 08:56 AM

Default I would like to foster a cat...

Hi All,

There are a lot of kitties in Daejeon that need homes, I see!

If anyone would like me to foster a cat for a while please let me know.

It would be preferable, naturally to see it have shots and be healthy especially if it is a kitten.

At this stage I can not commit to Adoption, sorry since my home country makes quarantine very difficult, long and expensive.

I would prefer to adopt for the duration of my stay it could be until next September.

Also I would like to take two but my place does not have the space so sorry to those with more then one..!

I thought posting might be better then visiting the shelter but that is my next idea.

See you everyone!
Unread 11-23-2009, 09:12 AM

Default Re: I would like to foster a cat...

Thank you for wanting to help~

There are many cats in need, so I'm sure we'll find a match

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnapped View Post
I would prefer to adopt for the duration of my stay it could be until next September.
Fostering doesn't mean "adopting" for a specific period. It means helping a pet getting healthier and actively helping him find a home. It takes an average of 2-3 months.
Unread 11-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Default This kitty looks desperate

Maybe this is a good one for you. I think she only has a few days until the foster leaves the country? She looks like a real sweetie.
http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...5895#post15895
Unread 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Hi,

I would be happy to take her....for how long?....how could I get in touch with the current foster people?

Does she need to be picked up?
Unread 11-23-2009, 01:33 PM

Hi Catnapped,

I'd get in touch with Sophia on here or by PM. Since she posted, she could tell you everything and give advice on how to retrieve her.

She's a beautiful cat. Angora! I'll bet she's soft as a bunny. I believe she's even more beautiful than the pictures show.

As far as how long, fosters usually keep posting them, screen with the adoption applications, and try to find the best forever home. You could have her a long time if no one adopts her. Then you'd have to find another suitable foster when you leave the country.

You'd be responsible for her care just like she were your own, such as vaccinations and other vet care. Vaccines are reasonable, about 10,000-15,000 each.

I hope you can get her. She's in Incheon so maybe you can take the airport limo bus there and get her if they could meet you there. Let us hear the happy story.

Good Luck, Sandy
Unread 11-24-2009, 02:43 PM

We are looking for someone to take our foster cat when we leave the country in a few months. http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...ead.php?t=2600

Send me a message if you want more info
Unread 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM

Since you're in Daejeon, you might consider going to the Daejeon city shelter. They have so many animals there and need help getting them out. And if you foster then find a home for that one, you'll know where to go back for another.

It's easy to get to. You take the bus to the National Cemetary, bus 102 and it's just past there on the right up on the hill. If I remember, about 1 km. The exact directions are posted somewhere on here. Anyone have that?