ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 09-06-2009, 02:42 PM

Default pure bred boston terrier needs a home for ~1 year ASAP!!

i just moved into a new apartment (my school's, so i doubt i can change), and my building manager has a vendetta against animals. i've had him in 4 different apartments in seoul without a problem, but i have a problem now. i'm in a panic. i don't want to give him up, i've had him since 8 weeks (he's 2.5 now), and he came from america with me...he's my baby. the next best thing i can think of is a foster until i can take him home with me. if you think you might like to have a dog while you're here, please get in touch. he's energetic and fun (not a lap dog), so hopefully you like that kind of dog...

i already had 2 girls agree to foster then back out, and my building manager is getting angrier and angrier, so please only serious inquiries please.
Unread 09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Taejon Wes

Default Re: pure bred boston terrier needs a home for ~1 year ASAP!!

There was a thread on this site a while back about tenants' rights to keep animals. You might want to check for it.
Does the dog bark or cause other problems in the building? Did you tell your school about your dog and did the apartment manager/landlord say anything about not keeping a dog before moving? Did you change schools or did your school just change your apartment? I would have a serious trust issue with my school if they knew I had a dog and then moved me into an apartment that didn't allow them.
Can you send your dog back home to your family?
Unread 09-07-2009, 06:21 AM

Wes is right. Can you send the dog back home? It would cost you about $500 but well worth it in this case. And I wouldn't trust another thing your director says. If you go against him in any way, plz put another lock on your apt so he doesn't get in. I don't want to be a fear monger but I had a horrible experience with my last job and my main concern was getting my dogs out. I boarded them. Then me, and then he broke into my apt.

Dr. Choi in Kangnam, Seoul shipped all my dogs home and did a wonderful job. They arrived happy and clean. Also there's KAT and PetAir. But depending where your family are, they will have to drive to pick him up so he will have a non-stop flight. I picked mine up in Atlanta. There's also a non-stop flight to Chicago, and to San Fran, among others. They will take him to your door but ground transport is very expensive and I don't know how to arrange it.

Where are you in Korea so if someone wants to keep him for you, you can visit? And where is your family in America?
Unread 09-07-2009, 06:24 AM

BTW.....you can change apts. You should discuss it with your director and if he's amicable, then you might have a chance. You could even offer to pay part of it from your salary.
Unread 09-30-2009, 03:23 PM

Hi, I am interested in fostering a dog for a year. i already have a female shitzu. she is very playful. If your dog, gets along with other dogs, please email me at alejandra007@live.ca or call me at 010 7721 2043.

i live in itaewon. by the way, whats the breed?
Unread 10-01-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandra007 View Post
Hi, I am interested in fostering a dog for a year. i already have a female shitzu. she is very playful. If your dog, gets along with other dogs, please email me at alejandra007@live.ca or call me at 010 7721 2043.

i live in itaewon. by the way, whats the breed?
The title says it's a Boston Terrier...............
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM

Did you get everything worked out?