ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 06-28-2010, 06:47 PM

Default Echo...

Hi Everyone,

Well for a long while Echo was successfully adopted....but then problems happened and her owner could not keep her. I saved her from going to an overcrowded shelter and love her. She is never any trouble. I have all the cat trappings, litter box, holder I will pass on to you.

I actually hope to be able to take her home to Australia but have not yet adequately prepared for quarantine.

Now in a couple of months I will finish at my school. I have a BF who would take care of her after I leave but I did not want to put that expectation on him as I have before during vacations and it was quite unfair of me.

Can anyone foster her towards the end of the year?

We definitely need someone to adopt her by December as his contract is finished then. He is willing to take her until then and maybe after.

My plans are too uncertain right now! All I know is if I come back to Korea I would like to look after her again, but a permanent home for her makes more sense.

She has had all of her shots and has been spayed. I would provide everything necessary.

Any advice or suggestions? If anyone is available to foster for November December please let me know. We are in Daejeon. If anyone has any other helpful ideas or if you have successfully taken a cat to Australia and have advice please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1161.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	5765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	5766  
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Echo update...

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would update. I am leaving soon and Echo is scheduled in for more shots next week. She had her microchip inserted today.

She is fosterable or adoptable, temporarily or permanently.

Or alternatively she has to wait 8 months after finishing the course of injections (and that will be by October 1st) to be sent to me next June!

If anyone would like to look after her during this period, in particular next year please let me know. I have contacted an agency regarding the travel itself so it will be taken care of.

Thanks,
Unread 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Echo...

Hi All,

Here is one more update. Echo got another shot yesterday and is quite content for the time being in her new place. I am leaving Korea in a few days but will continue to search the boards for someone who would like to foster her or adopt her.

She now has just blood serum and one more rabies shot to get at the vet. If unadopted he will be able to travel to Australia on the 3rd of October 2011.
Unread 09-01-2010, 11:34 PM

Can someone please help??
Unread 09-15-2010, 04:03 PM

I would be interested in fostering Echo, but I have a few questions......is she healthy? No diseases or anything? I have another cat that I am fostering for someone until July 2011 and don't want to expose him to any illnesses, as he is quite healthy.

If she is healthy, I could foster her until July 2011. After that point, I will be returning to the US.

If you are interested in chatting more, feel free to email me. My name is Ashly and my email address is solaris326@gmail.com.
Unread 09-27-2011, 12:23 AM

This is the current owner (the ex boyfriend of the original catnapped) of Echo. And.. She's back!

I am currently in the process of trying to find her a new home. I would prefer to find her a place in Daejeon. So that I can visit/cat sit if needed or to help in the transition.

She comes with all the fixings - litter box, cat tree, sleeping box with pillow, baby blanket, brushes, instructions, etc

Plus I will throw in a big new bag of her favorite food, new big box of litter from Costco, and many cans of soft cat food.

She looks pretty much the same as above - just a little bit fatter but overall still a pretty small cat. Fixed and shots (up to date I do not know). She is an inside cat and has been pretty fine in a small one room. Still she might go outside if she is feeling brave.

Thanks
Unread 09-28-2011, 09:40 AM

Smile Re: Echo...

Hi there,

I used to live in Daejeon and have just recently relocated to Busan... My partner and I love cats... and were looking to foster one for a while - How long do you suspect this fostering to last for? Would you be willing for Echo to move to Busan?

Let me know - And we will be in Daejeon for the next few weekends.

Thanks, Donna