ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 07-18-2011, 12:12 PM

Default Female Shih Tzu found in Sinbu-dong, CHEONAN [URGENT: foster needed ASAP]

UPDATE: 20 AUGUST 2011
NEW FOSTER HOME NEEDED ASAP
Animal Name : Lady
City/Location : Sinbu-dong, Cheonan-si, Chungnam-do.
Breed : Shih Tzu
Sex : Female
Spayed / Neutered : Unknown
Size : 5.6kg's
Health status/ vaccinations : Heartworm NEGATIVE In good health and is now on heartworm prevention.
Behaviour/Personality : Timid and afraid, but happy to be somewhere warm and dry! Not at all aggressive. A real sweetheart.

An update on Lady's personality and habits:

Firstly, she is peepad trained but loves to do her business on grass if there is any around.
She gets on with other dogs and people although she is sometimes a little timid with people at first.
She loves being stroked and arches her back like a cat if you scratch her back.
It turns out she also loves to wear clothes!
She can be a little defensive of her food if the others go near her when she is eating, but will only bark once or twice, no biting. If I go near her when she is eating she is totally cool and relaxed.
According to Jenkins150, who babysat her for me when I was away, Lady loves cats!
She LOVES her tennis ball and gives me a big grin when I throw it for her
If I don't barricade the stairs in my officetel she sneaks up in the night and sleeps near me the whole night but not on my bed. (This might change in winter). However, she is also fine if left downstairs she will settle and sleep through.

She is an absolute darling and I have fallen in love with her! Unfortunately I cannot cope in my officetel with 3 dogs as it is so small and little Didi the spaniel who I got a few days ago to foster is blind so needs extra attention and care. (I had committed to looking after Didi long before both shih tzus arrived on my doorstep!)

I have put posters up in the area and in the local vet, as well as an ad on angel.kr which has unfortunately not brought any attention.

Rescue story :

I found this little girl looking very forlorn and scared on Saturday the 16th of July 2011. She looked like she had no idea where she was wandering to and why. I am not sure how long she had been out in the rain of the last 2 weeks, but her little paws are all pink and sore. She wouldn't let me touch her when I tried to stroke her but eventually she cowered down and allowed me to pick her up. She was very wet, dirty and cold! I took her home where I have another foster shih tzu (male).

She was not too keen on eating anything straight away but eventually had a few nibbles and growled at my other dog when he came near. Other than that she has only kept her distance from him not at all aggressive, only nonchalant. She shows a lot of interest in his tennis ball and the way she paws at it makes it seem as though she has never had one before. She is very inquisitive and looks on in amazement when I throw it for my other dog.

After a while I gave her a bath. She is still very timid - I get the feeling she is thinking something like: "this is too good to be true! What does this person want to do with me?!"

She is slowly getting a little braver and gets SO excited when I come home or when I come downstairs in the morning. She does a very cute little excited dance which I must try catch on video.

I hope that her Korean family is missing her and wants her back and that I can get her to them... I dont think she will fare well in a shelter she seems so small and scared. I may have to look for an emergency foster because
1.) I am going to the Philippines on the 30th August for 9 days and have found a pet sitter for my other dog but not sure if she will be ok with 2!
2.) I am due to get Didi the spaniel in mid-August to foster for 6 months. As much as Id love to have all 3 Im afraid my officetel is less than ideal for that amount of furry faces.

Please help if you have any guidance on how to find her owners and also if you are interested in fostering her, even if only for the 9 days I am away.
I will make a poster today and put it up in my area.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Little Girl.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	9756  

Last edited by clare_bell; 08-20-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Change to fostering
Unread 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Female Shih Tzu found in Sinbu-dong, CHEONAN

Aw, she's cute, Clare! I hope you find somebody to foster her. You are doing an amazing job looking after these 2 pups - thank you
Unread 07-20-2011, 12:58 PM

An update:

This little girl is coming out of her shell She even lets me stroke her face now. And she LOVES playing with her ball now that she's figured out what it does when she pounces on it!

I have just got the "found" poster translated into Korean so I will put them up this afternoon. I will also take her to the vet for a checkup as she doesn't look 100% healthy.

I am getting worried about what to do when I go to the Philippines on the 30th of July if I haven't found her owners. Is there anyone out there (preferably in the Cheonan area) who could foster her at least for the 9 days I am away?

Also, I am due to get Didi the spaniel on the 17th of August...if I haven't found her owners by then I don't know what to do. I hate the thought of sending her to the shelter Please let me know if anyone can help.
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:23 PM

Exclamation Re: Female Shih Tzu found in Sinbu-dong, CHEONAN

UPDATE!

OK, so this little girl has become known as "Lady"

I took her to the vet for a checkup - he only did a physical but said she seems to be in good health. Her paws are still a bit pink but he says it's just from her licking them - no infection.

She is still more nonchalant towards my other foster dog than anything else and she has learned the immense fun to be had with toys!!

She has also started letting me stroke her face which is very rewarding in itself

I have put up some posters in my area and have also given some to my students to put up so hopefully there will be a wider distribution...

In the meantime, I am STILL going to Philippines on the 30th...time is running out. Is there ANYONE out there who could babysit her, just for the 9 days at least??

Please help!
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:32 PM

Here is Lady doing her amazing party trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNMXvI5omx0

Great news is that Jenkins150 has kindly offered to babysit Lady while I'm away. Thank you so much!

Not so great news is that I have had no response from the posters I put up...

I am still getting the other foster in the middle of August so I will need to try find someone to foster Lady if her owners don't claim her. Much as I'd love to look after her my officetel is far too small for the 4 of us

Please keep her in mind if you are considering fostering. She is a pleasure to have and is peepad trained. Very low maintenance.
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:43 AM

So I am taking care of Lady for now.

She is very friendly and loves Koreans. I hope someone sees the found poster and comes back for her ( if she was just lost).

Poor girl probably misses her family but gets along with my zoo ( 2 other dogs and 4 cats right now)
Unread 08-10-2011, 05:46 PM

HUGE thanks to Jenkins150 for looking after Lady while I was away! I think she had a fabulous summer vacation with you!!

Sadly there have been no responses to the posters I have put up for her. I will keep trying. In the meantime, I have Didi arriving very soon and I'm worried about the 3 of them in this small space.

Is there anyone who would like to foster this little girl? She really is a sweety and I would keep her if I could.

Here is a pic of her looking beautiful in her new pink harness.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lady.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	9927  
Unread 08-21-2011, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Female Shih Tzu found in Sinbu-dong, CHEONAN [URGENT: foster needed ASAP]

Here are some pics of little Lady. As I said earlier, she LOVES playing ball! Here she is posing (in need of a haircut I think ) and trying to get her ball back from her friend, Noodle.

If you want a low maintenance dog, Lady's your lady! She doles out unconditional love and asks for little in return.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1020013.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	9992   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020014.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	9993  
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Female Shih Tzu found in Sinbu-dong, CHEONAN [URGENT: foster needed ASAP]

Aww Lady! We miss you!

She is such a great dog

BTW Lady loved to sleep in bed with me and the zoo. Max did have to remind her where his spot was a few times but generally there was never a problem sharing the space. Actually her favorite spot was my pillow I have no idea why.

I hope you find a great forever/foster home
Unread 08-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Thanks Jenkins150! I really hope so too. I wish I could keep her - she's stolen my heart. She deserves a permanent home though.

Lady is now up for adoption and/or urgent foster care. Here is her adoption thread:
http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...ead.php?t=6388

You won't regret letting this little darling into your lives!!
Unread 08-25-2011, 06:42 PM

Hi all

Please consider taking Lady on as a foster or permanently. She is a pleasure to have! I would keep her if I could but I have 2 others, one of whom is blind so needs even more attention and I can't split myself in 3

If you are interested please contact me and I will tell you everything you need to know.
Unread 09-01-2011, 11:41 AM

A reminder to you all that there is one VERY sweet-natured little shih tzu called Lady who is waiting patiently for a new home - foster or forever.
Unread 09-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Great news!!

Lady has been adopted by a wonderful couple in Cheonan and she has a "palace-sized" apartment to call her own

They are over the moon with her and I'm sure the feeling is mutual!