ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 06-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Exclamation Need a Foster Home for my Foster Cat for a Month, starting July 9th or 10th

When I first came to Korea, almost a year ago, I agreed to foster a cat for a girl studying in Korea, until she went back to the States this summer.

Well, I leave Korea in about a month and this girl is not replying to my emails asking her what she wants/needs me to do with her cat, to prepare him to go back to the States WITH HER.

I am taking her lack of response on this issue as her backing out of her end of our agreement, which does not please me at all.

So now, I am looking for a foster home for my foster cat, for about a month or so, while I am back in the US. I will be returning to Korea mid to late August to start a new contract. I will take him back when I return to Korea, because I can't allow the poor little guy to go to a shelter. Then, at the end of my next contract, I will take him back with me to the US.....hopefully he will get along with my two cats back home.....

About the cat: His name is Noraebang and he is a male domestic short-hair, with white and orange coloring. He is probably about a year and a half old and he is neutered.

He can get needy, so it is important that he gets some daily loving. Otherwise, he gets cranky and will demand attention in spades. He loves chasing around the metal twist ties that come with bread and other food packaging. He will sleep with you at night, waiting patiently for attention in the morning. However, as soon as the alarm clock goes off, he wants a few minutes attention, which once given, he goes right back to sleep or to prowl around the apartment. For the most part, he is a good cat. He nips a bit to show affection, but if you push him away and ignore him for a bit when he starts to do that, he chills out. He also uses the litter box regularly, no accidents or messes or spiteful spraying.

I live in Suwon, but I am willing to travel somewhere to deliver him to a good foster home. I leave Korea on July 12, so ideally I would like someone to take him in the weekend just before I leave (July 9 or 10).

I don't have return dates yet, but it looks like my training starts on the 16th, 17th or 18th of August. It should last about a week or so and then I will be able to re-claim Noraebang, most likely the last week of August. I am in the process of submitting my visa documents, so I should hopefully know more exact details about my return in a week or two.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be detailed as possible. I have attached a couple pictures so you can see how cute Noraebang is. I have more if anyone wants to see them.

Hopefully somebody will be willing to help me out here! Thanks so much in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3898.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	9372   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3900.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	9373  

Last edited by solaris326; 06-07-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Title Change
Unread 06-07-2011, 07:48 PM

Exclamation Re: Need a Foster Home for my Foster Cat for a Month, starting July 9th or 10th

Here is all the information about Noraebang:

Animal Name : Noraebang
City/Location : Suwon, Gyeonggi-do
Breed : Short hair
Sex : Male
Spayed / Neutered : Yes
Size : Average, probably 10 lbs or less

Health status/ vaccinations : He was current in September, but will need his annual shots soon, but probably not before I get back to Korea.

Behaviour/Personality : He can get needy, so it is important that he gets some daily loving. Otherwise, he gets cranky and will demand attention in spades. He loves chasing around the metal twist ties that come with bread and other food packaging. He will sleep with you at night, waiting patiently for attention in the morning. However, as soon as the alarm clock goes off, he wants a few minutes attention, which once given, he goes right back to sleep or to prowl around the apartment. For the most part, he is a good cat. He nips a bit to show affection, but if you push him away and ignore him for a bit when he starts to do that, he chills out. He also uses the litter box regularly, no accidents or messes or spiteful spraying. Not sure if her gets along with other animals or not, but I suspect after an adjustment period, he would be fine.

Last edited by solaris326; 06-07-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Needed to adjust font