ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Default Help!!!! I don't want to send Maddie back to a shelter!!!!

Please consider adopting or fostering this wonderful doggie.

Animal Name :Madison a.k.a Maddie
City/Location : Yatap-dong, Bundang-gu, Gyeonggi-do
Breed : mix, maybe hound/cocker spaniel mix
Sex : F
Spayed / Neutered : No. Too young.
Size : 11 lbs.
Health status/ vaccinations : Vaccinations will be up to date after she finishes her current meds for cough and bacterial infection

Maddie's Story: I am currently fostering this wonderful little dog. She was found roaming the streets of Myeongdong. I asked the shelter what they think happened. She might have been abandoned from her previous owner.

Behaviour/Personality : Maddie is one of the happiest dogs I've ever met. She is always greeting people. She has a really great heart. So far, she has been great with other people.

Housetraining: It's only been a week, but I haven't had any accidents while she and I are home together. At night time, she is very good. She sleeps quietly on her bed and waits to be taken out in the morning. Of course, right now she has a bit of separation anxiety...so If I leave for more than 2 hours, she might make a mess. She does know how to use the training pad though.

Walks: She is very energetic even when she is sick! I take her for a 20 min walk in the morning and another 40 minute walk when I get home just for exercise purposes. She is quite fast and is able to run with me and keep up. I'm still training her to heal, but she has improved greatly over the past few days.

Commands: She still needs work, but if I point to her blanket and say 'sit' she goes straight there.

Tricks: none

Manners: She is a puppy still, so sometimes she gets over excited and will jump on people she greets. I have been doing my best to stop this.

Children: Maddie loves children. She really loves all people. I've taken her to the park and kids come up to pet her all the time. She doesn't bite and she is very playful.

Habits: She has a habit of jumping on people. She really likes people. When we walk down the sidewalk she will try to say hi to everyone she sees. It's really funny.

Other Pets: I think she is fine with other pets. I haven't seen her with other dogs for long periods of time, but when we greet other dogs...there are no probelms.

Rescue Story: She was going to be killed, so i'm lucky to have found her. I would like to keep her, but I was informed by my school that I will have to change housing and dogs aren't allowed at the new place Maddie is a great dog. If you are active and like to be outdoors, she is perfect for you. I hope to find a great family for this little one. If you have any questions, please send me a message.

Adoption fee :*50,000 won
Adoption fee will be donated to Korea Animal Rights Advocates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0473.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	8791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0476.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	8792  

Last edited by adrienne; 04-06-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Unread 04-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Angela

Default Re: Help!!!! I don't want to send Maddie back to a shelter!!!!

Do you have a facebook? How close are you to Pyeongtaek? If you are close then there are militay bases nearby so post on their flea market pages for potential fosters/adopters in Osan and Camp Humphreys. We are lined up to foster Pierre otherwise I would take her. I will show her to my neighbor who is looking for a foster. Also if you cannot find a foster or adopter contact the Osan Animal Shelter on the Air Force Base and see if they will take her. They adopt animals out pretty quickly from there and there are volunteers there a lot who give plenty of love and excerise to the animals.
Unread 04-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Angela

I just feel like she would be an easy dog to adopt out around here what with all the families and what not.
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM

I found her a nice family near Pyeongtaek. Thanks everyone!