ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 12-17-2010, 11:52 PM

Default Seosan-looking to foster a kitten/or cat

I am looking for a kitten and or cat to foster. I live in Seosan. Your help or recomendation is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kay
Unread 12-19-2010, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Seosan-looking to foster a kitten/or cat

Because I visited Asan shelter yesterday, I can only suggest you to foster one of the cats living there. There are plenty of them there in need of a warm and a safe place, good food and loving - and a medical check-up.

Check these threads for example:

http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/ind...d=asan-shelter
http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...ead.php?t=1593

If you have questions, there are people on this forum who can surely answer them. I took a cat with me from Asan yesterday, so if you want to know something, you can also ask me, and I'll try to give you some info.
Unread 12-19-2010, 02:27 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! I'd love to start volunteering on the weekends as well. I do have another question though. Since, I live in Seosan and there is no train that goes to Soeul or Asan...I have to take a bus. I have no car. If I were to foster a cat/kittens how do I transport them to my town. Is it okay to take an animal on the bus in a pet catty? Do you know by chance? I don't think there is a local shelter here. I have asked everyone I know here and no one thinks there is. I'd love to start seeing some of these animals adopted out this way. Lots of puppy shops here 8-(. In January I am going to start teaching at the city hall and I think it would be a great place to start getting ARK's name out there to the local community.

Thanks,
KAY
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Unfortunately I am not the best person to answer your questions, but I'll try. Hopefully someone with more info can contribute.

First of all, about the cat in the bus question, I'm sorry to say I don't know, I've only taken cats in taxis and trains, without any problem. There's a thread about cats in buses here: http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...ead.php?t=5062

Also, I cannot help you with the travelling instructions, I don't even know where Seosan is... If somebody can answer this question, please do.

Sorry for not being able to help.
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Ah, its okay. Thanks for the information though.
Unread 01-18-2011, 10:29 AM

I live in Dangjin, and have successfully taken dogs and cats on the bus. As long as they are in a carrying bag it's fine....though some bus drivers are still on the mean side of things...I suggest having a large backpack as well. I've done it, and I know of a few other rescuers who have used this method as well. Just make sure to have lots of treats...and if you can get a seat further back in the bus there really shouldn't be a problem.