ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 11-15-2010, 11:50 AM

Default Foster Home has space for 1 cat or 1 dog.

Hello everyone! My name is Katherine Roberts. I just want to let everyone know that I have space available for 1 cat or 1 dog in my home. So if you need a foster home, please contact me either through here or via email: shamusmia@gmail.com Please insure that if the dogs are female that they are fixed or too young to reproduce yet. I have one male dog that has not been fixed yet. Still waiting on an appt to open up. If the cats are male, he must be fixed, I am currently fostering Tigra and she is not fixed yet. Thanks

Last edited by shamusmia; 01-19-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Unread 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Foster Home has space for 2 cats...

That's great!

Would you maybe be interested in going to a shelter and choosing a little one to help (1 at first maybe I guess since we don't have that much background from the shelters)?
Unread 11-16-2010, 07:41 PM

sure. thats no problem. Since ill be sitting the little smiley looking pup, I still have space for one more Id pack my house full if i could lol....but oh the smell...hahaha....anywhos...im supposed to link up with someone when i get back. Not sure who yet. But we can do them all together when I get back if youd like? I left my cell number on the smiley puppy site who needs a sitter. Im still at gunnery but I have cell access and email access. Call or text anytime. Im up all day and night anyways lol...

p.s do you guys have any cat in specific that has been there the longest? or needs a home the most? let me know which cat is the most err...needest amonsgt all the already needy. That didnt make sense but hopefully you already get what im trying to ask..lol...
Unread 12-26-2010, 06:10 PM

I once again have space to foster either 2 cats or 1 dog in my home. Just to update everyone, moongchi, my previous foster has been adopted. I also would like to let everyone know that I currently own 2 dogs already so any animals needing fosters as far as for dogs, they need to at least be non-vicious towards other dogs in order for me to foster them. Cats is no problem, they will be given a chance to get used to dogs since my own dogs love other critters. Any animals being fostered in my home will be given their first set of shots by my own vet at central animal hospital here in dongducheon if they havent already received any. Thank you! And I hope that I can help in any way!! Merry Christmas!!!
Unread 01-09-2011, 11:25 PM

Hello again everyone. I now have 1 space available for a cat. Preferably one that will get along with other cats, and has to be fixed if he is male. Tigra is not fixed yet, and she is still currently being fostered at my house. Thanks
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM

Maybe you could help at Asan, just until spring. Even kenneling them ina warm environment with a blanket and lots of love and good nutrition for a few months could make all the differnce for these litle guys and much better than an open cage in -21 degree weather. They are dying in the cold.
http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/for...4920#post34920
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:10 PM

I tried to find that shelter for weeks now lol...I keep getting lost....Is there better directions on how to get there? Im off sat, sun, and monday this weekend...I was going to try and head down there to see which ones needed homes for the winter. I can take em in through the winter but i leave in july so if they are not adopted before then they would need new foster homes. Please let me know when you can...thanks!!! oh and I also have shirts and stuff for really small dogs or cats. My dog gigi is to fat to wear them now. lol
Unread 01-12-2011, 03:28 PM

From where you are in Dongducheon you get on your subway and travel down to the Asan Station. There are no transfers involved. A group goes just about every weekend. I don't know if you're part of the Facebook group, but they send invites out from there with all the information. In all honesty that is probably the easiest way.
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:01 PM

oh. I tried driving down there cause its wayyyyyy to cold on the train lol.....Plus I didnt want to take an animal back on the train in this cold weather. But I will be sure to link up with one of those groups going this weekend, and if anything they can show me where it is and I can just drive in there. Thank you for the help
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Lately when I've been on the subway, I find that I'm wanting to take off my many layers because it is so hot. But yeah, even if you drive down to meet them at the Cheonan-Asan KTX and go from there.
Unread 01-14-2011, 03:07 PM

There will be a shelter trip this Sunday for those commited to foster or adopt. You can meet the group at the Asan station around 11 am. They meet just in front of the ticket booth/across from the Dunkin Donuts in the KTX part of the station. If you drive there someone should be able to give you an idea of how to get to the shelter or maybe an experienced volunteer could go with you. You should email Katherine Hall at katherine-hall@hotmail.com or call 010-3037-3647 to let her know that you are coming to foster.