ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Default Urgently looking for foster home [resolved]

Me and my hubby found abandoned Chippie after a few months after arriving in Korea last year. We took care of him in our home for about 1 year now. Chippie had been the Best Friend I ever had since! It was devastating that I have no choice but to give him up for adoption/fostering. I hope to find a wonderful home that he could go to and have a great life after me and my husband leave Korea because he is such a sweet loving dog. We had fostered a few abandoned puppies/dogs in our home before so we know Chippie had no problems with other dogs/animals.

He is a sensitive and a very loving dog. He would just sit beside me when I feel down or lonely and cheer me up in his own way like resting his head lightly on my lap or licking my hand to show affection. He would come and sleep beside me when I am watching TV on the sofa at night. House-training wise, he is great and he haven't had any accidents in the house. I put the potty tray outside in the balcony area as I live in an apartment and he goes out whenever he needs it. If he is in the room with me and the door is closed, he will whimper a little and let me know he needs his toilet.

Chippie is an extremely smart dog that is so easy to train. He picked up each tricks I taught him in under an hour. On command, Chippie not only runs to you when you call him but can sit, lay down, play dead, roll over, handshake, take a bow, catch things in the air, leave food and wait until you allow him to eat it, turn around….etc. The video that I had uploaded is from a few months ago. He could do some other tricks now since then. He loves to play throw and fetch and loves doing all those tricks whenever I ask him to. He is extremely cute when he gives you each of his paws to you one by one when you washes his feet with the shower hose after coming back from a walk. I will try to take a video of him doing that and post it too.

There is a video of Chippie below doing some of his tricks in this link. Please watch it and I am sure you will start loving him already. http://azure_gal.blogspot.com/2010/0...ch-i-took.html

As I used to baby sit some of my Korean friends' kids, I know Chippie is great with children and loves to gentle play with him. Kids adore him and is so impressed when they could ask him to do the tricks I taught him.

Chippie does not break or chew on the furniture. But he does like to chew on the milk bone that I give him all the time before I go out. He could just sit there for a long long time working on the milk bone.

Chippie doesn't mind being picked up and held, in fact I think he loves it. He loves attention but doesn't demand them.

Chippie is looking forward to bring great fun and joy to you and your family. Adopting or fostering him will make him feel that he is the luckiest dog in the world and be so grateful to have you. We are leaving Korea very soon and I do not wish to bring him to a shelter. Please give him a chance by adopting or fostering.

Animal Name : Chippie
City/Location : Gyeong-ju City
Breed : Mix breed
Sex : Male
Spayed / Neutered : Yes
Size : Medium size dog
Health status/ vaccinations : Had recent health check and blood test done and is heathy and all vaccinations done. He is neutered and micro-chipped too.
Behaviour/Personality : Please read full descriptions and watch amazing video of him doing his tricks at this link:
http://azure_gal.blogspot.com/2010/0...ch-i-took.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0049.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	6222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1098.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	6223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	6224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	6225   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	6226  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1832.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	6227  
Unread 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Urgently looking for foster home

what's going on with Chippie?
Unread 11-11-2010, 08:30 AM

Has Chippie found a foster home?
Unread 12-16-2010, 12:32 PM

I think he found a home right?
Unread 12-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Formerly of Jeju.

I'm pretty sure that he is azure_gal's Chippie from this thread, who found a home with an active Canadian couple.