ARK Forums 2007-2011

Unread 02-22-2010, 07:19 PM

Default Karama Souls need an Angel (or 10)

I am trying to raise the profile of some of the dogs at Karama to see if we can get them outta there alive and into a foster/loving home.

I am willing to step up some sponsor funding but we need foster homes at the very least for them to come to once out.

Anyone who can help in any way.... please consider one of these little ones. I see them looking back at us, confused and alone.... spending a month in a cage is bad enough.... dying with that as their last memory is a tragedy.

All listings are badly translated by babelfish but give you a good idea about them :-)

Here are the current list of Malteses in the shelter (as of today 22 Feb):
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

Here are the poodles:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
Unread 02-22-2010, 07:35 PM

Default Two Karama Maltese need a foster

Hi all,

This is a big ask but if you don't ask....

There are two tiny Maltese boys at the Karama shelter I want to sponsor but unless we have a foster in place there is nowhere for them to go.

Can anyone offer them a foster home please??

This little boy is only 2 years old and 2.1kg. He's a little timid but adorable and I can't stop thinking about him.

This little angel has clearly been neglected but in the right environment he would really thrive I'm sure. He's only 2 and 2.4kg. He loves humans but needs a really good groom.

I am happy to pay for all vetting before they come to you and food etc but I am in the UK and can't physically help these dogs here. However we are looking at the possibility of bringing one or both of them over here and adopting them.

PLEASE contact me if you can help..... thank you so much

To find out about either of these dogs...
To find out more here is a link to the page in Korean: http://www.karama.or.kr/community_7....=&SearchWords=
and in English (translated by Babelfish):http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Karama Souls need an Angel (or 10)

Re your post on a other thread about wanting to adopt one of these dogs.
Do you have friends in mainland Europe anywhere (other than Scandinavia) who could take the dog for 6 months? Shouldn't be any quarantine in most countries if paperwork, vaccines etc are all in order, you'd be able to start the Passports for Pets process straight away and you'd be able to visit him easily from the UK. (There was a horrible expose about UK quarantine kennels a few years ago - probably something you want to avoid if possible. Mind you, can't be worse than being a pound dog in Korea.....)
Unread 02-23-2010, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Karama Souls need an Angel (or 10)

I don't know any friends but I did look at kennels in France who board in homes. They said it takes 3 months to organize!!

I know quarantine is no fun but better than nothing????

Our local facility is ok-ish - not luxury but safe x
Unread 02-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Amber loves Bayley & Sunny

Default Re: Two Karama Maltese need a foster

They are adorable- I'll ask around!
Unread 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Two Karama Maltese need a foster

apparently these little dogs have been adopted :-)))))))))) But I might need to help another one especially as I have a foster in place etc. Just want to wait to confirm they are indeed safe.